Friday 20 December 2013

Scrapbook - Page #2: I love yellow! | Lulupu Challenge #22 & Blog Hop

This post is the SECOND POST in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.


See first page here...
1

You must have landed here from the Lulupu Blog and I am so excited to be a part of my first Blog-Hop!!! So welcome, and for those who have landed up here, directly, let me give you a little background on what's going on. 

We're having a Recipe Challenge and a Blog-Hop at the Lulupu Blog this month. Here's how you can join the fun! :D

1. Follow the Lulupu Blog.
2. Like our Facebook Page.
3. Add the Blog-Hop Badge on the left/right sidebar on your blog and link it to the challenge post.

4. Blog about joining the Hop on your blog either in a separate post or in your participating post.
5. Make sure you leave a comment on each designer's blog and we ask that you leave a comment on the challenge post as well to be in the running for the prize. The last stop on the hop will be back at the Lulupu Blog so please leave your last comment there, lettings us know your thoughts on the fabulous projects presented by our talented designers.

Here is what a random winner will win in case you have successfully completed the hop and followed all the rules.


And my blog is the last leg of this hop. So if you want to start from the beginning, here's the sequence.

Lulupu Blog (Challenge& Prize Details)
1. Pooja
5. Erum
6. Sonia
7. Nikita (Me)

Challenge #22 required us to create a project (Card, Layout, Altered Items, Mixed Media Canvas - anything) with the following Recipe using at least 3 of the following 5 ingredients. 
In my project I've used #2, #3 and #5.
1. Image (Digital or Stamped)
2. Patterned Papers
3. Die Cuts or Punches
4. Mists/Sprays
5. Embellishments.


I have made a layout for this and as usual I am first going to show you sneak peeks only and then reveal the whole thing. I like to make it a little suspenseful. :)

Apart from the base PP (which is from the Mixed Media Mambi Collection by DCWV), I used a lot of left over PP to create banners and ribbons! :D
The scalloped edge is cut out using the Edgeabilities Die by Spellbinders, distressed with Tea-Dye Distress Ink and then I just poked some holes around the edge. :)


And of course, what project of mine is complete without some stitching?? :P


So here's how I did the top left of the page. I then diagonally arranged two more photos from the top left to the bottom right and added scalloped borders on both sides, some banners and some PP cut out like ribbons.


For the page title, I used Memory Box's Classic Lower Case Alphabet Die and some Amy Tangerine & American Crafts Thickers.


For embellishments, I used a Chipboard Instaphoto element from the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Collection 
and tied a bit of twine (October Afternoon) around it. 
I also used some stickers from Echo Park's For the Record 2 12x12 Collection.


And here's the complete page! :)
 

See following pages here...
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 

I hope you liked it! :)

Don't forget to go and check back on the Lulupu Blog!! 

Here are the products I used...
From Lulupu



Others



That's all for today folks!! We hope you had fun hopping!!! Keep a watch on the Lulupu Blog for the next announcement!! :D :D

46 comments:

  1. Lovely project.
    Thanks for the hop.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! Beutiful!!! :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine yellow...this layout bought a smile on my face...loved the color combo n cute little banners..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow indeed looks so bright and sunny. Great job done Nikita. :)
    I would also like to add that I just love the description part you have added under 'the girl behind the blog'. Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much, Jasleen... :) Really nice of you to notice such details.. Although it requires mention that that list needs to be updated! :P

      Delete
  5. lovely and bright layout reminds me of sun as we in (Jammu) are really missing Sun here .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna do a layout right away!! after seeing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikita..what a fabulous layout. The colors are warm and soothing. I also liked the way you have distressed. The little banners are damn cute..

    I have hopped on from the Lulupu blog hop!!

    Hugs
    Divya
    http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout.. I loved the cute little banners..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright but not so bright is what I like about this LO & the cute stitching you've added!! Thanks for the bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such a wonderful and bright LO.Love the cute banners..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cheerful layout, Nikita !! The background, stitching, the banners and the flags go so well together !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful layout... colourful n bright... the banners are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh..this is soo beautiful n pretty......liked the bright colors n the way you added textures by stitching n layering...grt..!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty Layout Nikita..Love the use of the colours..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout and love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely project...its fabsome!! And finally the blog hop ends with such a beauitiful and creative post!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bright and beautiful layout Nikita.. like the mixed media pp and the stitching .. :) scallop edges around the photographs and banners looks great ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really a nice LO! Love all the fun elements used in it !

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey :)... the layout is just so fabulous and fresh :).,.. really pretty :).... lowed hopping over :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. What a pretty layout. And it is so bright and cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely layout! Loved the bright and cheerful look of the layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Layout :) so neat and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful layout ... very prettty ...very neat and clean

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Nikita!! Love the sunny colors on the LO and the little stitching does make it look great!! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi nikita, was expecting the last post to be fabulous and here it is with bright yellow colours and picture you added are opt, the stitching on the sides are lovely. thanks for the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  26. The yellow looks lovely. I bet you have patience to do that amount of stitching. Liked the little tag with the heart. The layout looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in love with all of ur creations !! all of them are super super gorgeous !! I really like the chain stitch on the borders !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely layout Nikita.. The stitching adds a nice touch to the whole look :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. such a lovely blog u hav got..... lovely layout too.... cutey banners n sentiment n stitching

    ReplyDelete
  30. What bright colours :) liked d idea of using a frame on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how Uve used d yellow backgrd and the photo frame

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome layout with bright colors, Nikita!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Niikita, This is such a lovely project! I liked your "about me" so much! :) Nice to meet you through this blog hop :).

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Nikita, This is such a lovely project! I liked your "about me"so much :). Nice to meet you through this blog hop :).

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay, so it seems that blogger has made some changes and after every comment I reply to, the page reloads. So even though I would have loved to send you all a reply individually, I am going to have to do this in one go! Here goes...

    Smita, Sonia, Suman, Ann, Shalu, Sidelle, Sindhu, Sukanya, Radhika, Rajni ji, Jaya, Vrinda, Dhivya, Ayushi, Isha, Indira, Shyla Shree, MemoryDecorator, Dipti, Nupur, Sujana, Kripa, Shilpa and Sarah... Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit, reading the “about me” that I wrote yeaaars ago (that quite frankly, needs to be updated. I have changed a lot since then! :P) and writing such lovely and thoughtful comments!! Really appreciate you all stopping by!! :)

    Love,
    Nikita.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!