Saturday 30 November 2013

Scrapbook - Page #1: Cover Page

This post is the FIRST POST in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.


Hi Everyone!!!

The title says 'Scrapbook - Page #1.' I can see how that can be confusing considering I already shared the cover page of 5th Anniversary Scrapbook. But this is another scrapbook that I am sharing - one I finished in October first week. You see, I was waiting to finish sharing all 15 pages of the earlier scrapbook, but given the rate at which I am sharing, it may be mid-2014 by the time I am done. So to kind of speed up the process and have a little variety here on the blog and the Facebook Page, I decided to share one from each, alternating between the two. :)

In the spirit of full disclosure, I already shared this for Lulupu's Fancy Me Challenge Inspiration (Original Post here) and I am just pasting the entire content, obviously editing it as I deem necessary. So some of you may have seen this already. I chose this page as an inspiration for the challenge because, quite frankly, it fit the theme perfectly as I had used many of the techniques I fancy and use in both - card-making as well as scrapbooking. Also, now that I am slightly more comfortable with scrapbook pages than I was about four months ago, I can make something and call it my style. What's more, I have managed to capture the whole thing on video, so you can watch me make this :)

Let the sneak peeks begin! :)

First of all, this page has my most favourite of all things... STITCHING!!! :D :D
I stitched using my Sew Easy Tool and this stitch piercer. I had just bought it a few days before I made this and wanted to try it out!!! I loved how the colours on the thread match perfectly with the Base PP, which by the way, is from the DCWV Mambi Mixed Media 12x12 Collection (Such gorgeous papers!!!) Also, at this point, I'll let you in on a secret - ALL the Base PPs used in this scrapbook are from the Mambi Collection!!! Super gorgeous!!! 

Then I did some fussy cutting!! I cut out these butterflies from two different PPs. I cut out a number of them and distressed the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. using my blending tool.

The big butterflies on this page are from this PP from Jillibean Soup's Blossom Soup 6x6 Pad

And the smaller ones from this one from My Mind's Eye's Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 Pad

Next up, is another one of my most favourite things to use - Washi Tapes!!
I created small banners out of various multicoloured Washi tapes and stuck them on a little piece of twine.

For the page title, I used thickers.

This page also had a tag-line - Together & Forever. I cut these alphabets out using Memory Box's Classic Lower Case Alphabet Die. I have stamped a little red heart instead of the 'O' :)

I also added a Cycle. I cut it out using Memory Box's Brand New Bicycle Die on various colours of CS and PP and then put it all together to get a colourful cycle.

Around the picture, I added a few stickers, chipboard, die cuts and a doily to make the page full!!!

Here's a glimpse of the entire page


And here's the video :)

See following pages here...
2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 

Here is the list of the products & supplies used on this Layout...
From Lulupu





Other Products





See you all next time...
Love,
Nikita!! :)

2 comments:

Leave me some love!