Monday 24 February 2014

Scrapbook -Page #11: Scallops, Hearts, Owls and a whole lotta Love..

This post is the ELEVENTH POST in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See previous pages here...
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

So here I am, back with another page from the scrapbook that captures moments from Valentine's Day. For this, I have used the same base PP as the previous page from Echo Park's This & That Graceful 12x12 collection... this one

As this page was about Valentine's Day, I used a lot of lovey-dovey elements. I stamped and cut out some hearts on various pieces of PP. On some, I stamped a striped heart on the PP in a darker colour and added some stickles on alternate stripes.

I cut our three circles using the circle die and bordered that with a scalloped circle die and hid a part of these circles behind the photo and the journaling card.
I stamped heats and arrows on two circles and a paper-pieced owl on the one in the middle.

For the peeping scalloped circles, I was inspired by this sketch. It just turned it 90 degrees instead of using it as it is.. :)


I cut out a journaling card from Echo Parks's Sweer Girl collection.

Under the photo and journaling card, I added a scalloped border cut out from chocolate coloured cardstock. Under that layer I added a larger circle layered over a scalloped circle and spelled 'Valentines Day'  (had to skip the apostrophe in Valentine's because the word wouldn't fit on the circle.)

Here's the complete page!! :)

See following pages here...
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Here are the products used to make this page


I'll be back tomorrow with something new!!

Till then,
Ciao!

Love,
Nikita... :)

2 comments:

  1. I like projects which do not include a gazillion elements. The PP, hearts and owls speaks volumes in this layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Somdeepa!! It requires mention that I was short on time when I made this and that's the reason there's not a lot going on. :P

      Also, as the background was pretty busy, too many elements would have made it look cluttered, so on that, I agree with you! :)

      Delete

Leave me some love!