Sunday 8 September 2013

Scrapbook - Page #5: Circles, Chevrons & Butterflies!

This post is the FIFTH post in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See previous pages here...
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Good morning people!

It's a bright and shiny Sunday; well, it probably was, I wouldn't know as it is 11 AM and I just woke up a few minutes ago :P But, it's a great day to share some pretty pictures of another page from the scrapbook and I am going to do just that. :D

After using single sided 12x12 sheets from the DCWV My Sunshine stack (for about 3 pages - here, here, and here) I started with double sided papers. The thing is, I don't like double sides papers, especially when I am making cards and even more so when the patterns on both sides are really pretty because only one of the sides is visible and the other one goes waste. :(  And that's the biggest problem I have with papers from My Mind's Eye, Echo Park and the likes. But when I started making this scrapbook, I made most of the pages using Echo Park's 12x12 papers. SoI decided to use both sides and save me some heartbreak. What made things easier for me was that I was planning on putting these sheets inside page protectors so both sides would be visible anyway. *Sigh of relief*

For the page I am about to share and the one shared previously - Page #4, I used this double sided 12x12 sheet..


For this page, I was inspired by this layout...

{I found this on Pinterest. Tried to click on the pin, but the link says that the blog from which this picture was pinned no longer exists :( So unfortunately, I can't link it to the direct source. However, here's the link to the pin}

I really liked the circles peeping out from under the PP layers so I used that in my theme. And come to think about it, the butterflies may have crossed my mind after looking at the layout too.. :) 
Let's start with sneak peeks, shall we?

Okay.. So I punched out circles from my EK Success Circle Punch on various scrap pieces of PP, colour co-ordinated, obviously. Even though the layout I was inspired from had just three, I decided to go overboard and punched out quite a few from different patters - one large print, one small print and one solid. I arranged the circles on the top as well as the bottom of the PP layers and added the page title under that. I have used Memory Box Lower Case Alphabet Die for the letters on the same PP as the yellow punched circle.

For the butterflies, I used the Joyful Stamp Set by Micia and stamped different butterflies on PP or plain CS and cut them out. I used Rock N Roll stamping technique with Distress Inks to stamp the Butterflies. :D 




On the other side of the page, I had done some stitching for the previous layout, closer to the bottom right of the page.. 

The stitching was visible on the other side and I had to cover it up. So I cut a strip out from the 6x6  Be Amazing Follow Your Heart Paper pad - in the same blues and yellows as the rest of the page - that said "I absolutely adore you." 


Here's how it looked when everything was arranged.
The Grey Polka Dotted PP is from the Simon Says Stamp Card kit for June 2012.


I did the journaling on a Manila Tag and distressed the edges with my two favourite colours - Antique Lenin and Tea Dye. I could have used Vintage Photo (that;s another favourite) but it would have been too dark.


And FINALLY, here's the picture of the entire page. Not a hint on the page to show that holes had been poked and threaded through to add some stitched design on the other side. 
And 100% use of the double sided 12x12 Patterened paper. :D :D

See following pages here...
6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

I can't believe I have shared 5 pages from the scrapbook already!! Or is it ONLY 5 pages from a 15 page (plus cover :P) scrapbook. I think I will be sharing these throughout September and maybe October too.

I will post soon!! Till then, I'll leave you with the list of products I used to make this page
From Lulupu




Others



Have a Happy Sunday!! See you soon!!
Love,
Nikita.. :)

2 comments:

Leave me some love!